This simple recipe is based on this one from MyRecipes.com.
Garden Bean Salad with Chunky Tomato Dressing and Feta Cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs yellow wax and/or green beans trimmed
- 2 cups tomato chopped
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh summer herbs basil, cilantro, parsley, thyme, mint, dill, etc.
- 1/2 cup 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
Cook beans in boiling water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and rinse with cold water.
Combine the tomato and next 4 ingredients (tomato through pepper) in a bowl.
Divide the beans evenly among 8 plates. Spoon 1/4 cup tomato mixture over the beans. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon fresh herbs and 1 tablespoon cheese.