Here is a quick, easy salad recipe recommended by a former summer student, Laura. It’s perfect for a potluck or light summer lunch. When Laura makes this, she substitutes whatever herbs she has on hand.
Here’s a link to the original recipe.
Chickpea, Cucumber & Fresh Herb Salad
- 1 can chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1 1/2 cup cucumber finely diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 carrot finely diced
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup basil finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fleur de sel or sea salt
- Pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients, mix well, and serve.