This recipe makes a great side or potluck dish that will keep well up to 3 days in the fridge. It is adapted from epicurious.com.
Sweet Pepper and Onion Salad
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet peppers thinly sliced into rings
- 1 small onion thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups mixed fresh herbs finely chopped (basil, green onions, parsley, cilantro, mint, oregano, dill etc.)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Toss sweet peppers, onion, and vinegar in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper.
Let sit until sweet peppers are slightly softened, 10–20 minutes.
Just before serving, toss herbs and oil with sweet pepper mixture.