This recipe is a wonderful way to serve your roasted peppers and integrate more herbs into your meal! Adapted from Epicurious.com.
Stuffed Roasted Red Peppers
- 8 red bell peppers roasted
- 5 tablespoons prepared pesto or 8 large fresh basil leaves; you can also substitute any fresh herbs you have on hand
- 8 slices fresh mozzarella 12 ounces total
- 1/4 pound prosciutto thinly sliced, or another slice of cheese
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Arrange peppers, open sides up, on a large baking sheet.
Top half of each pepper with about 2 teaspoons pesto (or 1 basil leaf), 1 slice mozzarella, and some prosciutto and fold other half of pepper over prosciutto to enclose filling.
Drizzle peppers with oil and bake in middle of oven 10 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Serve!