I know many of you just eat the edible podded peas straight up as snacks, but here is an easy recipe for a sugar snap pea salad if you are not sure of the best way to prepare them.
Substitute or leave out the cucumbers and tomatoes if you don’t have both on hand; this simple salad is going to be great either way.
Snap Pea and Cucumber Salad
- 1 pound sugar snap peas trimmed
- 2 small cucumbers unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh dill chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For the salad:
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the snap peas and cook until vibrant green, about 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to a bowl of iced water to cool, about 2 minutes. Drain and add to a salad bowl. Stir in the cucumbers, tomatoes and dill.
For the dressing:
In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil and lemon zest until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until coated, then enjoy!