One Sunday night, I winged it a bit and made up an unconventional coleslaw. I got some compliments and so decided to share my recipe!
- Half of one cabbage finely chopped
- Handful yellow beans cut to one inch pieces
- Handful cherry tomatoes halved (about 10)
- A few sprigs mint
- A few sprigs Italian basil
- A few sprigs Thai basil
- 1/2 t of coriander seed cracked or ground
- A couple dashes curry powder
- 3 T mayonaise
- Salt to taste
Place cabbage in a big salad bowl.
Place 2 tablespoons of the mayo the remaining ingredients (minus the tomatoes) on top. Mix well so that the herbs, spices and mayo are evenly distributed throughout the salad.
Add more mayo if needed and mix again.
Add the tomato halves and mix until just blended so that they retain some texture.
Makes 6 to 8 side servings.