CSA member Margaret shared this recipe she made, using an abundance of cherry tomatoes! She served the pasta overtop of steamed green/yellow beans. Yum!
- 3-4 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely diced
- 5-6 leaves basil, coarsely chopped
- 1/2-1 cup olive oil
- 4-6 oz fresh mozzarella in water, cut into small dice
- 1 lb spaghetti
- salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium bowl combine the tomatoes, basil, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add enough of the olive oil to just cover the tomato mixture. Leave to marinate at room temperature for 1- 3 hours (the longer the better).
Drain the mozzarella, place in a pasta serving dish, and allow to come to room temperature.
Cook pasta according to instructions, drain, and then quickly toss with the mozzarella. Add the tomato mixture, toss, and serve!