A simple, satisfying beet soup perfect for the cooler fall days.
Elegant Beet Soup
- 2 c. beets canned or cooked & peeled
- 1/2 c. carrots peeled & cut
- 2 c. beef bouillon or broth
- 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. dill weed or cilantro, thyme, sage, etc.
- 1 tbsp. sour cream per serving optional
Cook vegetables through in bouillon. Add vinegar.
Use a potato masher to crush vegetables for coarse consistency soup or puree in blender in small batches for fine consistency soup.
Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon dill weed. Serve hot or chilled. Top soup with 1 tablespoon of sour cream.