This is a great September recipe based on a recipe from Epicurious.com. The original recipe uses corn on the cob instead of carrots.
Arugula Tomato Salad
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 plum tomatoes halved, seeded, diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- ¾ teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or ½ teaspoon dried
- 3/4 cup carrot cut into 1/2" cubes
- 8 cups arugula about 4 ounces
- 4 plum tomatoes quartered
- ¼ cup pecans toasted
- Shaved Parmesan cheese
Preheat broiler. Toss cubed carrot with 1 teaspoon oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spread carrots out on a sheet pan and roast at 400 F until crisp-tender and golden brown in spots, turning frequently. Remove from pan to cool more rapidly.
Whisk ½ cup oil, vinegar, basil, diced tomatoes, garlic and rosemary in small bowl until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add arugula, quartered tomatoes, carrots and pecans to a large salad bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Toss salad with enough dressing to coat evenly.
Garnish salad with shaved Parmesan cheese and serve.