This recipe was shared with us by CSA member Kathryn. It uses a whole tomato IN the dressing and sounds fantastic!
Life-Changing Salad Dressing
- one medium ripe tomato cut into chunks
- half a small onion cut into chunks (or a handful of chopped green onion tops for a milder onion presence)
- one clove of garlic chopped roughly
- a handful of basil leaves or other herb if you prefer
- a few glugs of good olive oil
- a few glugs of balsamic vinegar or other vinegar can work too
- salt and pepper to taste
Blend this all up with a hand blender (alternatively, you could make this in a regular blender or even a food processor, I’m sure) until it’s creamy looking, and adjust seasonings if need be.
The tomato acts as a perfect binder for it, and it’s just fantastic on a green salad, a tomato and cucumber salad, or drizzled over vegetable fritters.