I made this recipe after a weekend away from home. This meal takes only 20 or 30 minutes to prepare, tastes great, and feels very nourishing – plus, it uses up lots of CSA veggies!
Impromtu Tomato Peanut Sauce
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 small summer squashes sliced into 3/4 inch rounds
- 2 sweet red peppers cut into chunky wedges
- 5-6 tomatoes cut into 8ths
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- Salt to taste
- Dried hot chilli pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter
- Leaves from 2 sprigs of Thai basil coarsely chopped
Saute the onions, squash and peppers in oil for a few minutes to soften a bit and then add the tomatoes, lime juice, garlic, curry, ginger, salt and hot pepper.
Simmer for about 10 minutes until tomatoes are cooked.
Add the peanut butter and basil now and simmer a few more minutes stirring vigorously. The peanut butter will thicken the sauce.
Serve with your favourite kind of noodles or rice.