This recipe was shared by CSA member Cat – her whole family enjoys it for lunch or dinner. She found it at The Art of Living Well. The picture shows one of her kid’s lunches – featuring a lot of RR veg! Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe with us, Cat!
Quinoa Greek Salad
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2/3 cup light feta cheese crumbled
- 1 1/2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil or parsley
Bring the stock to a boil in a saucepan. Stir in the quinoa. Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 15 minutes, or until the quinoa is tender and the liquid has been absorbed. Transfer to a large serving bowl and set aside to cool.
Add the red and green pepper, cucumber, green onion, olives, red onion and feta cheese to the cooled quinoa.
Whisk the lemon zest and juice, oil, garlic, dried basil, oregano and pepper in a small bowl. Pour the dressing over the quinoa mixture and toss to coat well. Garnish with fresh basil.