Darlene, a long time CSA member, sent me this recipe from Minimalistbaker.com. If you have a hard time eating all your kale, this smoothie might help!
Mango/Peach Ginger Kale Green Smoothie
- 1 cup ice optional
- 2 cups kale, packed, fresh or frozen (organic when possible)
- 1 cup ripe frozen mango cubes (organic when possible)
- 1 cup ripe frozen peaches (organic when possible)
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 - 2 lemons or limes juiced (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups filtered water
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup (optional, depending on sweetness of fruit)
Add ice to the blender first and crush. Then add kale, mango, peaches, ginger, lemon juice (starting with 1 lemon and working your way up) and 1 cup water to start. The amount of water will depend on how many of your ingredients are frozen.
Blend until smooth, only adding water a little at a time as needed, and scraping down the sides/mixing as needed.
Once well blended, taste and adjust seasonings as needed. If too tart, add more fruit or a little maple syrup (optional). For more zing, add ginger. And for more acidity, add more lemon juice. To make it thicker/colder, add more ice. Blend as needed.
Divide between two serving glasses and enjoy immediately.
Best when fresh, though leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator for 24 hours.