Here’s a non-traditional pesto recipe for whenever you find yourself with an excess of dill! For other pesto recipes, see the Pesto Template.
Dill Lemon Pesto
- 2 slices homemade-type white bread torn into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 cup packed fresh dill (feathery leaves)
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest freshly grated
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
In a bowl soak bread in lemon juice and water 10 minutes and squeeze out excess liquid between hands.
In a food processor, blend together bread and remaining ingredients with salt and pepper to taste until smooth.
To serve, combine with warm pasta and veggies. Surface covered with plastic wrap, or in a sealed jar, and chilled, pesto keeps for 1 week.