Jane contributed this recipe for a comforting dish of potatoes with dip. She says, “This dip is easy to make, and can easily be adjusted to be cashew-free (using yogurt of sour cream). It can be used as a dip or spread, or watered down to be a salad dressing, and is a great way to add a little extra zing and nutrition to your food!)”
Baked Potato Fries with Cilantro Lime Dip
- Potatoes cut into sticks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Two pinches salt or to taste
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch sweet paprika
- 2 Pinches ground coriander
- Ground black pepper
For the dip:
- Generous 1/2 cup cashews or thick yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup water omit if using yogurt/sour cream
- Pinch salt and cayenne
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional yeast optional
Toss ingredients in a bowl to fully coat potatoes. Place them on a baking sheet and bake in the oven at 425 for about 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
While potatoes are baking, prepare the dip by blending all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
Allow potatoes to cool, then enjoy!