This recipe comes from Janet who writes: “Here is the recipe for the basil dressing I told you about. It’s great on lettuce, as a dip and sandwiches. It can be addictive (so yummy!).
The recipe comes from George Mateljan’s World’s Healthiest Foods website, an amazing place to find info about nutrition and healthy cooking: http://whfoods.org/index.php”
(Vegan) Creamy Basil Dressing
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 3 medium cloves garlic pressed
- 1 Tbsp prepared Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 oz silken tofu
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- a little water to thin if needed
Blend all dressing ingredients in blender adding olive oil a little at a time at end.