Carrots are a staple of our CSA from July to the fall and winter. They are probably one of the most versatile vegetables we grow. They can be eaten cooked or fresh, juiced, smoothie-d or baked into cake! If you are looking for something new to do with your carrots here’s a recipe to try from MarthaStewart.com.
Photo credit for this post: MarthaStewart.com
Sesame Carrot Slaw
- 3/4 pound carrots shaved (with a vegetable peeler)
- 4 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds toasted if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest plus 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
In a bowl, combine carrots, green onions, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds, and lime zest and juice.
Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.