With green onions and mustard greens, this curry recipe is a warming dish for those cooler spring or early fall days. Augmented from a recipe from allrecipes.com.
Curried Mustard Greens with Kidney Beans
- 1 tablespoon butter or ghee
- 3/4 cups green onions chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger root
- hot and/or sweet red pepper flakes to taste
- 2 cups kidney beans cooked, drained, and rinsed
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or half and half cream
- 1 large bag mixed mustard greens coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
If you are using dry kidney beans, preparation starts well in advance with soaking/sprouting them in salt water and then cooking. A quicker version is to use canned beans, well rinsed.
Heat the butter or ghee in a skillet over medium-high heat, and cook the onions until lightly brown.
Stir in ginger, and season with red pepper.
Mix in cooked kidney beans, tomato sauce, and curry powder.
Stir in the coconut milk and greens, and continue cooking until greens are wilted and all ingredients are heated through.
Add salt to taste.