Transform those trickier CSA veggies into a savoury-sweet dish. This recipe is adapted from Good Housekeeping and tested by veteran CSA vegetable harvester (and eater) Barb.
Honey-Glazed Radishes, Kohlrabi, and Turnips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot finely chopped
- 3 pounds radishes, turnips, or kohlrabi trimmed and peeled (as needed) and cut into wedges
- 1/4 cups lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves very finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives or green onions
In 12-inch skillet, melt margarine or butter on medium-high. Add shallot and cook 2 minutes or until golden and tender, stirring occasionally. .
Add radishes, turnips and/or kohlrabi; stir until well coated.
Stir in water, broth, honey, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper. Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
Uncover and cook 7 -10 minutes longer or until vegetables are glazed and most of liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
A minute or two before removing the skillet from the burner, stir in the mint.
Remove skillet from heat and stir in the chives or green onions. Transfer to serving platter and enjoy!